June 16, 2009

Come with me if you want to live

I’m not quoting from the Gospels, but I probably should be. I made the wise decision to devote last Monday (rain and all) to the pinnacle of ‘90s sci-fi/action movies: Terminator 2: Judgment Day. How did I let it slip by me all these years? I'll never watch a movie the same way again. “No fate but what you make. The future’s not set.” See K-Punk for further ruminations on the franchise's latest manifestation, Terminator 4: Salvation. I've heard T3 is worth bypassing.

Sky Net, Judgment Day, the future of things to come. I apologize for the Russian overdubbing, but this scene is hilarious and heartwarming, sort of.


If machines can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too. Then we'll all look like idiots together.

I’ve been converted.

No comments:

Post a Comment